Valentine’s Day is the one day out of every year that we dedicate to showering those we love with sweet treats and heart-shaped notes. This year, go the extra mile for your loved ones by choosing to use ingredients that support a clean and wholesome diet, like Ancient Harvest™ Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour. Unlike regular flour, this 100% whole grain gluten-free flour is made from the ancient grain superfood, quinoa, and can be used to make any treat deliciously gluten-free.
So, fire up your oven, grab your cookie cutters and make a giant batch of these Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
Gluten-Free Cutout Sugar Cookies Ingredients
3 cups Ancient Harvest™ Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
- With butter at room temperature, add to the bowl of a mixer and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together quinoa flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth, and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut out your desired shapes, and arrange on lightly oiled baking sheet. Cookies should be 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool before frosting.