Aloha! Quinoa Flakes
Looking for another way to enjoy quinoa for breakfast? With crushed pineapple and creamy coconut butter, this recipe may just hold you over ‘til your next vacation – while our Ancient Harvest Quinoa Hot Cereal Flakes will surely sate your hunger till lunch. By Rebecca Pytell
- 1/3 Cup Ancient Harvest™ quinoa flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Crushed Freeze-Dried Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Some Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (to top)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the quinoa flakes, pineapple, extract, juice and water. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Safety remove and add the coconut butter, and mix it all together.
- Top with some shredded coconut and voilà – Tropical Paradise! (If you want to get feisty and are 21 or older, I think you should add a tiny drop of rum to the mix!)