Banana-Quinoa Muffins are a delicious alternative incorporating Ancient Harvest quinoa flour and delicious banana. For Quinoa Flakes cooking instructions and recipe ideas, visit our How To Use Quinoa Flakes page.
- 1/2 cup Ancient Harvest™ Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 cup Ancient Harvest™ Quinoa Flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In separate medium bowl, mix together bananas, eggs and honey, add to dry ingredients. Unlike muffins with wheat flour, do not worry about over-mixing the wet and dry ingredients. If using walnuts or chocolate chips, stir in.
- Pour batter halfway up each muffin cup in a greased muffin tin. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For banana bread, pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake approximately 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For waffle batter, add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted virgin coconut oil and ½ cup milk or until desired consistency.