Chipotle Cilantro Pesto Black Bean Summer Pasta
Chipotle Cilantro Pesto Black Bean Summer Pasta Created by Naturally Ella for the 2015 Blogger Ambassador Program Chipotle Cilantro Pesto Black Bean Summer Pasta is a scrumptious dish made with Ancient Harvest pasta, pesto, fresh cilantro, and flavorful black beans.
- For Black Bean Pasta:
- 1 large ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces Ancient Harvest™ Supergrain® Black Bean & Quinoa Pasta
- For Cilantro Pesto:
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ to 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Heat oven to 400˚. Remove the kernels from the cob and combine with the grape tomatoes and jalapeno. Toss with olive oil and spread out on a baking tray. Roast until tomatoes are tender an corn is cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to box. Drain, place in a bowl, and toss with sweet corn mixture.
- In a blender, combine the ingredients for the pesto. Puree until combined. Add more olive oil/lime juice if the cilantro leaves are not pureeing.
- Combine the warm pasta with the roasted corn mixture and pesto. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.