Gluten Free Chili and Polenta Cobbler Recipe
Gluten Free Chili with Polenta Cobbler
Created by Simply Gluten Free for Ancient Harvest Try our delicious Gluten Free Chili with delicious Polenta Cobbler
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- ¼ cup gluten free steak sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) tube Ancient Harvest™ Polenta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro for serving, optional
- In a large oven-proof skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the ground turkey, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the turkey is cooked through – about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, taco sauce, and steak sauce and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the polenta in half lengthwise then cut into ½-inch half circles. Layer the polenta over the top of the chili, sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Top with cilantro if desired and serve.