Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Jars
When you meal prep with salad jars you can keep ingredients fresh until lunch or dinner. Give these delicious Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Jars a try from @prettylifegirls.
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Quinoa
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3-4 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Quinoa by squeezing the pouch to separate the quinoa, tear open the pouch about 2 1/2 inches to vent, then heat in microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired.
- When ready to assemble the salads, evenly divide the dressing between 2 wide-mouth mason jars (32 oz. quart size). Then evenly divide the remaining ingredients and add to the mason jars. Recommend putting the chicken first, followed by quinoa, greens and veggies, and then the cheese and almonds on top.
- Seal with lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When serving, pour contents of the mason jar into a bowl. Stir around to help get dressing distributed and enjoy!