- 2 C Butternut Squash-Cubed
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower Florettes
- 2 TBSP Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Box Ancient Harvest Supergrain Penne Pasta
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic-Minced
- 1 TBSP Shallots-Finely Chopped
- 1 Zucchini-Diced
- 2 Carrots-Sliced
- 1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese-Shredded
- 1 Fire Roasted Red Bell Pepper-Diced Salt and Pepper
- 6-10 Leaves Basil- Sliced into Ribbons
- Toss butternut squash and cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt. Roast for 25 minutes at 400°.
- Prepare Ancient Harvest Supergrain Penne according to box instructions. Set aside.
- In a wide bottom skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add garlic and shallots, cook until translucent.
- Turn heat to medium, then add zucchini and carrots. Cook for three minutes stirring often. Turn heat to medium high and add cream. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes until cream begins to thicken.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir constantly for two minutes. Reduce heat to low and add remaining vegetables and pasta.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are coated with sauce. Season with salt and pepper then garnish with basil ribbons.
Optional: Add 1 grilled or roasted sliced chicken breast on top.