Quinoa Fig Bars
Quinoa Fig Bars
Created by Wendy at Fit-and-Frugal.com Quinoa Fig Bars are a delicious recipe made with real fig and Ancient Harvest quinoa flour.
- 1 ¼ cups Ancient Harvest quinoa flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried figs
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates (about 5)
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- Prepare the dough: Mix all dry ingredients (quinoa flour through salt) in a bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Add to dry mix and stir to just combine.
- Use your hands, coated lightly with extra flour, to form a ball with dough and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Prepare the filling: Combine figs, dates, and orange juice in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food process and pulse or blend to form a soft paste. Add water to thin as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place dough on a rimless baking sheet lined with parchment paper (consider spraying baking sheet and paper with cooking spray so it will stick better) and carefully roll into a long rectangle, about ¼ in thick.
- Working lengthwise, spread the filling mixture over half of the dough. Using parchment paper to assist and lift, carefully fold over remaining half to cover filling and pinch with fingers to seal edges.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into pieces (approximately 12 large rectangles or 24 smaller squares).
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until beginning to brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container.