Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms Created by Wendy at Fit-and-Frugal.com Try these healthy, tasty and easily made gluten-free quinoa stuffed mushrooms. Featuring Ancient Harvest gluten-free quinoa.
- 1/2 cup cooked Ancient Harvest™ quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated romano cheese*
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 16 medium to large white, Baby Bella or crimini mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir the quinoa, cheese, garlic, onion, parsley, pecans, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom.
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25 minutes. Serve.
- *To make vegan, swap ½ cup prepared salsa for shredded cheese.
**For a meaty version, add 1/3 cup cooked crumbled sausage to mixture.