Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
- One 8-ounce box Ancient Harvest™ Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 15-ounce jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- Optional toppings: roasted chicken, chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, until slightly al dente.
- Drain and rinse in a colander with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute onion for 5-7 minutes until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add to your food processor and blend for 10-15 seconds, or until desired sauce consistency is reached.
- Add back to your pot and add 1/2 c. vegetable broth. Simmer for 8-12 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook until heated through.
- Serve hot, and if desired, top with roasted chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Get Recipes Served Fresh to Your Inbox!