Vegan Snowballs/Mexican Wedding Cookies
Created by Wendy at Fit-and-Frugal.com for the 2015 #QuinoaCookieSwap
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ quinoa flour
- ¾ cup ground walnuts
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil (or butter, chilled and cut into chunks)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest *optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, ½ cup powdered sugar, walnuts, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine. With food processor on, add coconut oil/butter through food chute a few pieces at a time; process until ingredients are just combined. Mixture will quickly progress from a coarse meal into dough.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in zest (if using) and vanilla. Roll mixture into balls and place one inch apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Gently dip warm cookies in powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to wax paper to cool completely.