I scream, you scream we all scream for… sorbet! At least, that’s what you’ll be saying after indulging in this amazingly simple sorbet recipe. Start with your favorite fruit, mix in yogurt, honey and lemon juice and voila – a tasty frozen treat is ready to enjoy.
This simple sorbet is great on its own but you can also customize it by adding on the toppings. Coconut flakes, chia seeds, or extra berries are a great option, and the sweet toasted quinoa recipe below adds the perfect crunch.
Homemade Strawberry or Blueberry Sorbet with Toasted Quinoa
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Organic Red Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 4 cups frozen strawberries or blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all toasted quinoa ingredients until well combined. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before removing to a bowl.
- While quinoa is toasting, add frozen strawberries (or blueberries), honey (or maple syrup), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted quinoa to serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container to thicken consistency before serving.