1 cup Ancient Harvest USA Grown Traditional Quinoa
2 cups water
1/8-1/4 cup melted dark chocolate (about 46-50g)
2 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Bring quinoa and water up to a boil. Once boiling, simmer for 15 minutes or until water is evaporated.
2. Let quinoa cool for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450F in the meantime.
3. Once cooled, add the quinoa to a cast iron (or any other oven safe dish) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until quinoa is lightly golden.
4. Let quinoa cool.
5. Melt the chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove. Then, add in peanut butter honey, and cocoa powder. If too thick, thin out with a teaspoon of hot water continuously until you reach desired consistency.
6. Once cooled, scoop quinoa into the bowl with the chocolate mixture and combine until well coated.
7. Roll into balls and place on a parchment-lined (or pre-greased) freezer-safe dish.
8. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before enjoying! Let thaw for a minute or two before enjoying.