- Combine figs, honey, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid evaporates and figs are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in walnuts and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler. Lay polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Broil approximately 6-inches from heat 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top each slice with a heaping teaspoon of fig mixture and a sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Return to oven and broil a further 2-3 minutes, or until top of cheese is browned.
*For a vegan option, substitute goat cheese crumbles with cashew cream “cheese”:
Combine 1 cup pre-soaked raw cashews (soak in water for 4 hours to overnight) with ¼ cup water, one tablespoon fresh lemon juice, a clove garlic, and a pinch sea salt in a blender and blend until creamy. (Makes approximately 2 cups “cheese”, so you’ll have leftovers to enjoy!)