- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a 9″ cake pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Drain quinoa and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 – 15 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
- While crust is baking, prepare the sauce: in a small bowl, whisk 8 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic powder). Spread over baked crust.
- Top sauce with sliced peppers, chicken and scallions. Return to oven and bake approximately 12 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve garnished with chopped roasted peanuts and cilantro. Transfer cutting board and slice.
For Vegan Kale and Mushroom Pizza:
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium. Add ½ of a small red onion, sliced, and cook and stir for 8-10 minutes, or until browning. Add ½ cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms and 3 cloves garlic, minced, and cook, continuing to stir, 3 minutes. Add 2 cups loosely packed chopped kale leaves, ribs removed, and cook until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Spread ⅓ cup tomato sauce over baked crust. Spread kale mixture over sauce and bake a further 15 minutes.
For Margherita Pizza with Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Mozzarella:
Top baked crust with ⅓ cup tomato sauce, ¼ cup fresh torn basil leaves (about 10 – 12), 1 plum or heirloom tomato, cut in approximately ¼-inch thick slices, and 4 to 6-ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced. When returning to oven, place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or increase heat to 500 F and bake 10 to 12 minutes further.