Directions for Ancient Harvest Supergrain Spaghetti:
- Cook according to instructions on box. Bring a large pot of water and a tbsp salt to a boil. Place the spaghetti in the pot and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Directions for Pasta Sauce:
- Dice up your tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
- In a pan, add 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add your tomatoes and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes, onions, and garlic from the heat and blend the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- In a new pan, add another tablespoon of oil and cook the tomato paste for several minutes.
- Then add the blended mixture of tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and add your salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for Vegan/ Gluten Free Meatballs:
- Cook the lentils until they are soft and mushy.
- Chop your onions and garlic. In a pan, add your olive oil, garlic, and onions and cook them over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make your flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp of ground flax and 6 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Also ground your hemp seeds in a high speed blender.
- Once the lentils are cooked, blend them in a blender along with your vegetable broth, onions, and garlic.
- Add the lentil mixture to a large bowl. Add the flax egg, ground hemp, Italian herbs, nutritional yeast, and corn meal.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a pan with foil.
- Create 1.5 inch balls from your “ground meat” mixture and place them on the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 450*F.
- To assemble your pasta dish, pour your pasta sauce over the cooked spaghetti and top with your vegan, gluten free meatballs. Enjoy!