With fresh produce in abundance, hearty salads are the perfect summer meal. Try taking your salad up a few nutritional notches with our organic quinoa – not only is quinoa a complete protein with all 9 essential amino acids, it’s also high in fiber, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, a quinoa salad with leafy greens, in-season cherries and blueberries, and homemade candied walnuts is a colorful and delicious way to enjoy your farmer’s market picks.
Balsamic Roasted Cherry, Blueberry and Quinoa Salad with Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Organic Harmony Blend Quinoa
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- 1 10-ounce package salad greens
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Additional balsamic dressing to serve
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions, adding rosemary and lemon juice to the cooking water.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the brown sugar into the hot water. Stir in walnuts, tossing to combine.
- Spread walnuts evenly on a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan over medium heat, stir together cherries and balsamic dressing and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss together salad greens, blueberries, goat cheese, candied walnuts, quinoa and cherries, drizzle with additional balsamic dressing and serve.