We’ve been breaking the breakfast rules for quite some time, eating breakfast for dinner and making waffles at all hours of the day. Well, now it’s time to throw caution to the wind and abandon the confines of dinnertime pasta with this veggie-filled breakfast.
When your gluten-free pasta noodles are also packed with 21g of protein from black beans and quinoa, like Ancient Harvest™ Black Bean & Quinoa Pasta Elbows, it allows you to break the rules. So get a skillet ready, and bring a most-loved dish to breakfast.
Savory Pasta Vegetable Breakfast Hash with Eggs
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Black Bean & Quinoa Elbows
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of dried oregano
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces spinach
- Tempeh bacon or regular bacon, chopped
- 6-8 eggs
- 8 ounces Gouda cheese, cubed
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place an oven-safe skillet over medium heat and cook tempeh bacon. Remove to a cutting board to cool and roughly chop.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, and begin cooking sweet potato. Once sweet potato pieces have softened slightly, stir in garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms in an even layer, and let them caramelize for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and oregano, tossing to coat.
- Fold in spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add pasta, tempeh bacon and Gouda cheese, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and create small wells for the eggs. Carefully crack the eggs into the wells, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until the whites are just set, about 15 minutes.