Cooking with in-season produce is one of the many things we love about spring, and pasta is a delicious way to highlight the colorful veggies you pick up at the farmer’s market. When pasta is packed with plant-based protein from lentils and quinoa, like Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil & Quinoa Pasta Rotelle with 25g protein per serving, you can make a balanced and gluten-free meal in no time.
So head to your local farm stand, pick up some asparagus and your favorite veggies, and make this Lemon Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta with a light and creamy sauce.
Lemon Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
1 box Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil & Quinoa Rotelle
½ lemon, juiced and zested
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rough chopped
1 bunch of asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons Ancient Harvest™ Gluten-Free Quinoa Flour
2 cups milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese for serving
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Set a skillet over medium heat and add lemon juice, zest, red pepper flakes and artichokes, cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook another few minutes until stalks are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove artichokes and asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan, stirring until garlic is fragrant. With a silicon whisk, stir in quinoa flour.
- Slowly incorporate milk, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens.
- Toss cooked pasta in the sauce, add artichokes and asparagus and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve with Parmesan cheese.