Cheesy Polenta Bowl with Chipotle Chicken and Roasted Red Peppers
Wake up your taste buds with spicy chipotle chicken and veggies over a creamy and cheesy polenta, with plenty of avocado on top. We recently announced the exciting news that our line of ready-to-eat polentas are Non-GMO Project Verified. Our polenta is an easy meal solution and made from the highest quality ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 package Ancient Harvest™ Gluten-Free Traditional Polenta
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Wisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil with chipotle chili powder and ingredients through lime juice, and use as a marinade for the chicken thighs; Add all ingredients and chicken to large plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 min.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbs of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the drained chicken, browning on both sides. Once cooked, shred chicken with a fork.
- Place prepared polenta in a saucepan over medium heat and add chicken broth a little at a time, stirring with a whisk until smooth and creamy. Stir in cheddar cheese and cook until cheese has melted and polenta is creamy.
- Next, heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions, cooking until soft. Add peppers, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until peppers are soft and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide polenta between 4-6 bowls and top with shredded chicken, peppers, avocado and cilantro.