Chocolate Banana Bread
Mix things up for Valentine’s Day with this guilt-free chocolate fix. This chocolate banana bread by @miss_whisk is delicious as a breakfast, snack or dessert. Best part? This recipe can be made ahead and kept air-tight in the freezer for when those chocolate cravings hit.
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 3 TBSP honey, or pure maple syrup
- 3 TBSP coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil, or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- 3/4 c Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- 1/3 c cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 c mashed ripe bananas, about 4 medium bananas
- 1/4 c chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat honey, coconut sugar, and oil/butter together until combine.
- Add in eggs and mix evenly.
- In another bowl combine quinoa flakes, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed in well.
- Mash bananas, you can use the same bowl you used for the dry ingredients. If you like less texture you can blend them smooth in a mini food processor.
- Stir the bananas into the batter and set aside.
- Spray a 10×4 loaf pan with non stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Place bread in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with chocolate chips, just pull the rack out don’t remove the bread from the oven.
- Slide back in and continue baking for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes on a wire rack before lifting the parchment paper and removing from the pan to continue cooling.