Creamy Polenta with Roasted Olives, Artichokes & Chickpeas
Bring creamy polenta to the table in a new way with this delicious recipe by @_laurenmcduffie_ of My Kitchen Little.
- 1 package (1.1 lb.) Ancient Harvest Basil and Garlic Polenta
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock, plus more as needed
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 – 2 cups pitted olives, any variety
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, packed in oil (plus 3 tbsp of the marinade/flavored oil)
- Plain Greek Yogurt or Labneh
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Fresh chopped herbs, for sprinkling (such as scallions, chives, and parsley)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Adjust your rack to the middle position.
- Put the polenta in a medium saucepan set over medium heat and add the chicken stock. Stir or whisk the polenta until the stock is incorporated, and the mixture becomes creamy. Use more stock if needed, to achieve a very smooth and creamy polenta; takes just a couple of minutes. Keep warm over low heat while veggies roast.
- For the vegetables, put the chickpeas, olives and artichoke hearts on a sheet pan and drizzle with a little of the oil/marinade from the artichoke jar/can (1 or 2 tbsp). Give it all a gentle toss to coat in that flavored oil, season lightly with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or just until the artichokes begin to brown on their bottoms.
- To serve, spoon some polenta into serving bowls and pile with the roasted veggies. To the yogurt or labneh, stir in a tbsp or some of the flavored oil from the artichoke jar. Add a dollop of this mixture to your serving plates, alongside the polenta and veggies.
- Garnish with fresh chopped herbs, if you like. Enjoy!