Crockpot Pesto Chicken
Prepare for a busy week with this delicious Crockpot Pesto Chicken recipe by @ashleysweeneyrd.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bag of heat and serve quinoa, sea salt variety
For the pesto:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup packed basil
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
- Reserve 3 Tbs of the pesto for the quinoa.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Crockpot Pesto Chicken:
- Score the chicken breasts by using a sharp knife, make shallow parallel cuts in the chicken, about ½ inch apart. It allows the chicken to get more flavorful.
- Pour all but 3 Tbs of the pesto over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Put on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice or shred the chicken, pouring the juice from the crockpot over the meat.
- Prepare the heat-and serve quinoa according to the instructions.
- Pour the quinoa into a bowl with the 3 Tbs of pesto and diced cucumbers. Mix well.
- Serve the chicken and quinoa together!