Fall Quinoa Salad
Welcome fall with this quinoa salad that is delicious on its own for a fall-flavor infused lunch, but easily adaptable for dinner as a crowd-pleasing side dish. Get the recipe below from @veggininthecity.
- ¼ cup Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa (cooked)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ honey crisp apple
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut sweet potato into bite sized cubes, coat with coconut oil, cinnamon and ¼ tsp sea salt. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Prepare Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside ¼ cup.
- Add arugula to a large bowl. Chop honey crisp apple into bite sized pieces and add to bowl.
- Add quinoa, sweet potato, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
- Top salad with balsamic, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to taste.