Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bowls
Pizza night is back on the menu and just as cheesy as you remember, only this time in true Ancient Harvest form, we’ve taken the dish up a few nutritional notches. Layer in the pizza sauce, our 100% Royal Bolivian quinoa and veggies, then top with shredded cheese and bake. You’ll have a delicious meal on the table in just a few minutes, and you can bet the whole family will be coming back for seconds. These Quinoa Pizza Bowls are comfort food made the right way – quick and easy, and packed with protein!
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Harmony Quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 28 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups pizza toppings: diced green peppers, sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, pepperonis, pineapple, etc.
- Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, crushed red peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable broth according to package instructions. Once cooked, stir in ½ cup pizza sauce and set aside.
- Lightly oil each ramekin, and arrange on a baking tray.
- Start layering in the ingredients starting with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce followed by ¼ cup quinoa, a thin layer of Mozzarella, and desired toppings. Continue with another layer of sauce, quinoa, Mozzarella, toppings and a final layer of Mozzarella.
- Transfer the baking sheet full of ramekins to the oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are heated through.
- Remove and sprinkle each pizza bowl with Parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers, if desired. Serve immediately.