Peanut Butter and Banana Quinoa Bars
Move over holiday candy, we’re making these peanut butter and banana quinoa bars by @tastyfitkitchen to satisfy our sweet tooth. Get the recipe below for these delicious treats.
- 1 cup cooked Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 2 bananas (1 smashed, 1 sliced)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extra
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, quinoa, salt, cinnamon & baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the smashed banana with the egg, almond milk & vanilla extract.
- Add the wet to the dry, then add PB and mix well.
- Transfer to a 9×9 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Top with sliced banana.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minute, until cooked through
- Remove from oven and let bars cool completely
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave, stir to mix until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars and enjoy!