Quinoa Burrito Bowl
Quinoa Burrito Bowl Recipe
Give your gluten-free burrito bowl an instant upgrade by using Ancient Harvest™ Organic Quinoa instead of the more traditional rice. Your taste buds will love the nutty grain, and the complete protein found in quinoa definitely takes this dish up a few nutritional notches.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Organic White Quinoa Grains, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, reserve 1/2 cup liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, hot sauce, grilled chicken
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelized. Turn heat down if browning too quickly.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Keep covered once done.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in small pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add in the beans, reserved liquid, cumin, and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste.
- Serve quinoa topped with onions, peppers and beans.
- Finish burrito bowls with salsa, guacamole, and hot sauce; top with grilled chicken if desired.