Quinoa Flake Crusted Chicken Fingers
We love a nutritious twist on classic recipes. Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes serve as a crispy and delicious gluten-free breading for chicken tenders in this recipe by @srslydelicious.
- 1.5 cups Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb chicken tenders or strips (you can also use chicken breast and cut into strips yourself)
- 1 tsp each of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder (more if you like a little kick!)
- In a bowl mix Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and chili powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk 2 eggs.
- Bread chicken tenders by coating them evenly in egg first and then covering them in the quinoa flake mixture. Set each strip aside.
- In a pan, heat 1/4 cup avocado oil on medium high heat.
- After a few minutes, add a pinch of quinoa flakes into the pan. The pan is ready when the flakes sizzle.
- Cook the chicken tenders 3-4 minute each side until browned and crispy.
- Let rest on a paper towel and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Dunk in ketchup and enjoy!