Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Quinoa makes for a delicious plant-based protein start to the day. This recipe by @macheesmo packs delicious veggies and flavors for the ultimate savory breakfast bowl.
- 1 cup cooked Ancient Harvest Harmony Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 5 small sweet peppers, chopped
- ½ – 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, garnish
- Red pepper flakes, garnish
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- Cook quinoa in advance by adding 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups simmering water. Simmer for about 15 minutes until quinoa is tender. Drain off any extra water, remove from heat, cover, and let steam for a few minutes. Then fluff with a fork. Quinoa stores great in the fridge for up to five days.
- To make a breakfast bowl, add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chopped shallot, peppers, and serrano for some heat (optional). Cook for about two minutes until veggies soften. Add 1 cup cooked quinoa to the skillet to stir to combine. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Divide quinoa mixture between two bowls. Wipe skillet out with a paper towel and return to medium heat. Add another drizzle of oil and crack in two eggs. Cook for about 2 minutes until egg whites are set. You can flip the eggs for over-easy eggs or cover the skillet for 30 seconds with a lid or plate to steam the eggs briefly for sunny side up eggs.
- Add an egg to each quinoa breakfast bowl and garnish to your liking.