- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the soaked and drained cashews to a high speed blender along with the remaining ingredients for the cashew cream. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of water broth along with the diced onion, celery and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 3 minutes, adding 2 more tablespoons of water as needed to prevent burning. Alternatively, you can cook these in ½ tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Transfer the cooked mixture to a 9×9-inch baking dish along with the cashew cream, vegetable broth, white quinoa, and carrots. Mix everything together until uniform.
- Evenly arrange the broccoli over the casserole. If any of the broccoli pieces re large, half the into make bite-sized pieces if possible.
- Place the dish into the oven for 45 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the broccoli has browned a bit.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have time to soak the cashews overnight, you can do a quick soak in hot water. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, remove the pot from heat and add in the cashews. Soak for 20 minutes or until softened and drain.