Autumn is just around the corner, and we’re beyond excited to start cooking with the fall flavors again. One of our favorite ways to incorporate fresh and in-season produce is to start with a protein packed salad base and layer on all those delicious seasonal flavors for a meal with tastes great and delivers on nutrition. The winning combination is easy, start with an overflowing bowl of greens and from there add in our protein-packed POW! Red Lentil Rotini – then finish with a few of your seasonal favorites.
Just like that, you’ll have a delicious fall meal that’s ready in minutes, and by using any of our 5 Ancient Harvest POW!™ Pasta varieties, you’ll be fueling up with 25g of plant-based protein per serving.
Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad
- 1 box Ancient Harvest POW!™ Red Lentil Rotini
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 5-7 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Optional: Feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spread walnuts in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 10-12 minutes, tossing walnuts halfway through.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing by stirring together all ingredients. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice to help prevent browning.
- To a large bowl, add all salad ingredients, drizzle with remaining dressing.