You know those cravings you get for a creamy, savory, oh so delicious linguine? Well, this recipe, made with our plant-based protein-packed Red Lentil Linguine, is going to give your comfort-food favorites a run for their money. Avocado slices and homemade nut-free pesto create a creamy flavor, while spicy cauliflower bites add a delicious kick.
Roasted Cauliflower and Snap Pea Pasta with Nut-Free Pesto
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil Linguine
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, steamed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 2 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup Navitas Naturals hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine olive oil and tahini in a bowl.
- On a parchment-lined baking pan, arrange chopped cauliflower in a single layer and drizzle with oil and tahini mixture. Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the pesto by adding basil, hemp seeds, salt, lemon juice, and Parmesan to a food processor. Pulse until combined, then drizzle in olive oil with the processor running until you reach the desired consistency.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss cooked pasta with homemade pesto, cauliflower and snap peas. Top with sliced avocado and additional Parmesan as desired.