Everyone loves a rich and creamy pasta, but we want our pasta to work harder for our bodies. Nourish your body with power of Ancient Harvest Bean & Lentil Pasta! Packed with plant proteins and dietary fiber, every tempting bite delivers powerful nutrition with a taste that’s second-to-none.
In this recipe, cauliflower helps make the sauce rich and creamy, and the chunky vegetables and leafy greens make the dish a well-rounded savory dinner.
If you love the idea of a more wholesome take on an Italian favorite, then these other recipes will definitely ‘wow’ your tastebuds!
- Kale and Pumpkin Seed Pesto with Salmon
- Supergrain Pasta Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Mushrooms and Pecorino
- Gouda and Spinach Shells with Cheese
- Linguine with Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce and Crispy Sage
Baked Pasta with Cauliflower Sauce Ingredients
Makes 6 servings
2 (8-ounce boxes) Ancient Harvest™ Green Lentil & Quinoa Penne Pasta
1 head cauliflower
2 cups vegetable broth
¾ cups milk of choice
¼ cup olive oil, plus additional for sautéing
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
5 ounces baby spinach, rinsed
1 cup onion, diced (about half the onion)
1 cup parmesan, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400° F degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the cauliflower until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic until fragrant.
- While garlic is cooking, transfer the cooked cauliflower to a blender with broth, milk, oil and salt. Add sautéed garlic and blend until creamy.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions until the mushrooms are golden brown and the onions are caramelized.
- Toss the uncooked pasta, cauliflower sauce, mushrooms and onions together. Add spinach and gently fold together to coat.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven or baking dish that has been lightly coated with oil.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until noodles are fully cooked.