When the weather outside is chilly, a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup becomes a recipe staple. The soothing and salty broth warms you up from the inside while diced carrots, big pieces of chicken and gluten-free noodles make the soup hearty and delicious.
By using gluten-free noodles, you can cut down on the amount of gluten you’re consuming; with Ancient Harvest™ Protein Pastas, your gluten-free noodles also come packed with plant protein.
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
32 ounces (4 cups) vegetable or chicken broth
4 cups water
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Dash of salt and pepper
1 box Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil & Quinoa Pasta Rotelle
1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and sauté until vegetables begin to soften and onion becomes translucent.
- To the pot, add broth, water, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to a boil until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil & Quinoa Pasta Rotelle and boil until noodles are cooked.
- Add chicken and parsley, boiling until chicken is warmed through.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.