Warm, gooey chocolate cake that can be ready in less than 5 minutes, all in your microwave and a mug. If you want to get fancy with your gluten-free mug cake, try mixing in some nuts or toasted quinoa, and add a drizzle of chocolate or dollop of Greek yogurt!
Make your mug cake gluten-free and plant-powered at the same time with Ancient Harvest™ Organic Quinoa Flour, and watch how simple it is to make this chocolatey treat on our YouTube channel.
Cake in a Mug Ingredients
5 tablespoons Ancient Harvest™ Organic Quinoa Flour
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar (Note: add this at the end)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
5 tablespoons water
- Coat the inside of a large microwave safe mug with oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Quinoa Flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, vegetable oil and water, then combine with flour mixture.
- Stir in vinegar, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into mug and cook in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, uncovered
- Top with Greek yogurt or shredded coconut and enjoy!