When your body needs protein, but your taste buds want something creamy and cheesy, these Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese Quinoa Bites are the perfect option. Ancient Harvest™ Mild Cheddar Lentil & Quinoa Mac & Cheese, with 16g of plant-based protein per serving, is rolled in organic quinoa for a satisfying snack that’s deliciously gluten-free.
Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese Quinoa Bites Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons Ancient Harvest™ Organic Quinoa Flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 teaspoons salt
1 box Ancient Harvest™ Mild Cheddar Lentil & Quinoa Supergrain Mac & Cheese
1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Organic Quinoa Flour
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups cooked Ancient Harvest™ Organic Inca Red Quinoa Grains
Oil for frying
Parmesan cheese for serving
- Prepare Mac & Cheese and Quinoa according to package instructions.
- Place a large sauce pan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons Quinoa Flour, a little at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- Reduce heat to low and add half and half, stirring constantly to prevent clumping. Sprinkle in salt.
- Stir in Mac & Cheese, transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled, roll the Mac & Cheese mixture into 2-inch balls.
- In a small bowl, combine Quinoa Flour and Coconut Sugar. In another bowl, whisk together eggs. Place cooked Quinoa in a third bowl.
- Roll each Mac & Cheese ball in the quinoa flour mixture followed by the egg mixture, back to the flour and the egg again, and finish by rolling the ball in quinoa. Rolling the Mac & Cheese balls in the flour and egg mixtures twice helps to make them crispy.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1-inch of oil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop each ball into the oil, frying for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove balls with a slotted spoon and place on parchment paper to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!