While it’s not hard to find gluten-free or quinoa pasta, it is hard to find one that has the taste and texture of traditional pasta. This is exactly what prompted us to create our line of Supergrain Pastas®, featuring a proprietary blend of organic, non-GMO corn and quinoa.
We absolutely love our Ancient Harvest Supergrain Pastas®, and we’re beyond proud of how well they taste and hold up to even the hardiest sauce. But it starts with properly cooking your pasta. To help you reach that perfect texture, here are our step-by-step directions:
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts of salted water to boil.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add the contents of a box of your favorite Ancient Harvest Supergrain Pasta®
- Stir to combine, and to make sure that none of the noodles are sticking together or to the bottom of the pot
- Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
- Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
- Boil another 5 to 7 minutes, depending upon the size and shape of the pasta
- Test a piece of pasta to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (still a bit firm, but without any dryness or crunch)
- Drain and rinse the pasta, and then toss it with a bit of olive oil or butter to make sure that it doesn’t stick to itself
Some things to keep in mind when cooking Ancient Harvest Supergrain Pasta®:
- The water will change to a yellowish color. Do not be alarmed. This is from the corn, which we use in our pasta to help replicate the taste and texture of traditional pasta.
- Whatever you do, do not overcook your pasta. This can result in the sort of goopy, mushy mess that gives gluten-free pasta a bad name.
- If not serving immediately, place the pasta in a lightly oiled bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap. This will help keep it fresh until it is ready to serve.
Learn more about our wide variety of organic, gluten-free Supergrain Pastas® at AncientHarvest.com.