You know that feeling you get when the alarm goes off in the morning? The one where you’re internally debating if you actually want to be in shape, or if you’re ok with where you are and maybe you’ll just hit the snooze button. Well, we’re here to tell you that dreading the gym is out and switching up your mindset to look forward to your sweat sessions is what 2017 is all about.
How to Look Forward to Your Workout in 5 Simple Steps
- Find an activity you love! Whether it’s yoga, kickboxing, a dance class, taking a hike, lacing up and heading for a run (or any combination of things), find a few activities you truly enjoy doing. If you’re having fun, it won’t feel like a workout and you’ll be excited to get up and get moving.
- Keep your workouts short and manageable. Nothing will make it harder for you to get to the gym than knowing you have a dauntingly long workout ahead! Set yourself up for success by committing to 30-60 minute workouts, and switch up your routine so it doesn’t become monotonous.
- Set achievable goals and milestones so you know when you’re making progress. Whether you’re trying to run a few extra miles, shed a few extra pounds or even increase your flexibility, keep track of your progress in a journal and mark the pages when you hit a new milestone. At the end of the year, you’ll be able to look back and see how far you’ve come!
- Reward yourself when you hit those milestones with something that will help keep you on track, like a new high-powered blender to make protein-packed smoothies.
- Fuel up with a post-workout meal that’s packed with nutrients to help your body recover. A sore body will not want to workout tomorrow, so be sure to reach for clean, whole foods! Get inspired with recipes on our Instagram page.