When your mac & cheese is packed with superfoods, like the quinoa and lentils found in Ancient Harvest™ Sharp Cheddar Lentil & Quinoa Mac & Cheese, it’s a cheesy indulgence that your taste buds will love with the nutrients your body craves. We’ve taken this gluten-free mac & cheese recipe one step further by layering in sautéed kale and sun dried tomatoes for the perfect balance of healthfulness and flavor.
The entire recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare, which means it’s perfect for bringing to work or school for a filling lunch.
Sun Dried Tomato and Kale Mac & Cheese
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Supergrain Sharp Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups packed kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 8.5–ounce jar sun dried tomatoes
- Cook mac & cheese according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add garlic, cooking for 3-5 minutes. Add kale and sun dried tomatoes, stirring and cooking until kale is wilted.
- Spoon desired amount of kale mixture to top the mac & cheese, and serve.