Grilling in the summer is the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and add great flavor to all kinds of foods. We love grilling veggies on their own but when you bulk up the dish with a great protein pasta you get a complete meal. While this recipe is a balanced meal on its own, with 25g of plant-based protein per serving in our bean and quinoa pasta, it’s also a great base for grilled lean meats, like salmon or chicken.
Grilled Vegetable Pasta
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Black Bean & Quinoa Pasta Elbows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- Asparagus, 2-inch sliced
- 1 purple onion, large-diced
- 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat grill and cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and toss with olive oil and oregano. Arrange on vegetable grilling tray, place on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side. Zucchini should be golden brown, onion becoming translucent and asparagus tender.
- Toss the veggies with the cooked pasta, top with parmesan cheese and serve.