A nutty pesto over protein pasta is a delicious combination, especially when that delicious flavor comes from hemp seeds instead of pine nuts. This pesto pasta recipe takes a traditional favorite up a few nutritional notches by packing in superfoods and 25g of plant-based protein per serving from our Lentil & Quinoa Pasta for a meal that’s just as wholesome as it is delicious.
Spinach and Hemp Seed Pesto with Rotelle
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Red Lentil & Quinoa Pasta Rotelle
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups packed spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup Navitas Naturals Hemp Seeds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor, pulsing until smooth. Add the olive oil a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Toss pasta in homemade pesto, and enjoy!