Fresh strawberries from the farmer’s market are one of the best things about warmer months, so this pasta salad is the perfect recipe to try this season. Toss sliced strawberries with flavorful basil, mozzarella and protein pasta with 25g of plant-forward protein from lentils and quinoa, then drizzle with a sweet balsamic glaze for a quick and easy recipe your taste buds will love!
Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Green Lentil & Quinoa Penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar, made into a glaze
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. When straining, immediately rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Toss pasta first with olive oil, then with strawberries, mozzarella and basil.
- For the balsamic glaze, pour balsamic vinegar into a pan and heat until syrupy
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze.