Give your leftover Thanksgiving turkey a second chance with this easier-than-pie pasta casserole inspired by Sugar & Soul! It’s packed with kale, creamy tomato sauce and a layer of Mozzarella cheese that melt together perfectly. Made with our Supergrain Pasta™ Penne, you can count on a taste and texture just like the noodles you love, but without the gluten you don’t. And because it comes together in just a few simple steps, it’s a contender for weeknight dinners and potlucks alike.
Turkey Florentine Pasta Bake Ingredients
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, or any leftover turkey from Thanksgiving
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- Dash of salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 boxes Ancient Harvest™ Supergrain Pasta™ Penne
- 1 10-ounce package spinach
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F and bring a pot of water to boil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ground turkey and onions with salt and pepper over medium heat (if using leftover turkey, cook the onions until translucent and fragrant then stir in turkey).
- Stir in the marinara sauce, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper and bring to a simmer, cooking for around 10 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, prepare penne in the pot of boiling water, cooking to al dente. Drain, transfer back into the pot and stir in spinach, mixing until evenly combined.
- Stir together meat sauce and pasta/spinach mixture, folding to combine.
- Lightly oil a large casserole dish and spread half of the pasta mix followed by ricotta cheese. Add remaining pasta over the top of the ricotta, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.