Gluten-Free Coconut Thai Noodle Soup
- 6 C vegetable broth
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Supergrain® Pasta Spaghetti
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1” knob of Ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 handfuls uncooked jumbo shrimp
- Coconut oil
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- 2 red chili peppers (seeds removed and roughly chopped)
- 2 pinches ground turmeric
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- Green onions
- 1 C Shiitake mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 1 C snow peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grind up coriander, lemongrass, 3 cloves of garlic, ginger and chilis in a food processor until you have a thick paste. Add a small spoonful of melted coconut oil if the paste is too dry or thick. Add the paste to a hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Add the mushrooms and snow peas and cook until soft. Add can of coconut milk and turmeric and simmer for another 2 minutes before adding the vegetable broth. Simmer on low until ready to serve.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with a large spoonful coconut oil and a clove of smashed garlic. You should have enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan you’re using. Once the coconut oil has fully melted and the garlic begins to sizzle, add the shrimp and cook evenly on one side for about 3-4 minutes or until the underside is pink. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and flip shrimp, coating each one—fully—with the oil and seasoning. Cook until the entire outside of the shrimp are pink and then quickly remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- While the broth is simmering and the shrimp are cooking, cook the pasta in a separate pot of boiling water.
- To serve, divide the drained noodles between bowls and ladle the broth mixture over the noodles. Top with fresh cut green onions and the cooked shrimp. Enjoy!
Get Recipes Served Fresh to Your Inbox!