Superfood Quinoa Blackberry Breakfast Bars
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but some mornings cooking up a wholesome breakfast at home while getting ready for the day just isn’t in the cards. For those days when you don’t quite have the time to sit down for breakfast, a wholesome breakfast on-the-go is exactly what your schedule needs. Skip the coffee shop pastry, and go for one of these filling superfood breakfast bars, packed with oats, quinoa, hemp seeds and almonds, instead! These bars can be made ahead for a perfect nutritious grab-and-go breakfast all week long.
And now for the really exciting news: our pre-rinsed Organic White Quinoa is now available in a larger, resealable 27oz pouch, so you won’t have to worry about running out of this protein-packed pantry staple quite as quickly.
- 1 cup cooked Ancient Harvest™ Organic White Quinoa
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water, set in fridge for 15 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9 baking sheet with olive oil.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the quinoa, oats, sugar, baking powder, hemp seeds, almonds, pepitas and dates, pulsing until sticky crumbs form. Remove to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix the banana, tahini, flax eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the banana mixture over quinoa mixture, mixing until well combined. Fold in blackberries and transfer to the baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, and the bars feel firm.
- While bars are baking, prepare the icing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Allow bars to cool before drizzling with icing and serving.