Let’s talk about how amazing crockpots are for a minute. They’re an excellent time-saver, not to mention one of the only appliances that make it more convenient to cook something slowly. So you can have a great-tasting recipe, like these Crockpot Quinoa Tacos, ready to eat with very little effort.
Plus, as we’re getting into our autumn routines with busy schedules, it’s important to have a few nutritional tricks up your sleeve to make balanced cooking a breeze. One of our best tricks to get more protein, fiber, and essential amino acids in any meal is to add our pre-rinse quinoa to your dinnertime favorites.
We’ve taken the traditional taco and given it the Ancient Harvest upgrade by stirring in our pre-rinsed organic quinoa, and making the entire recipe in a crockpot.
Use our handy Store Finder tool to pick up our quinoa at a store near you!
Crockpot Quinoa Tacos Ingredients
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ Inca Red Quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Tortillas or taco shells
- Optional: shredded cheese, chopped lettuce, diced avocado, cilantro, fresh lime
- Add all ingredients (except tortillas and toppings) to a large crockpot. Stir, cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve on warmed tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.