Pumpkin season is finally here, and we’re taking full advantage of it with this cheesy, perfect-for-fall, pumpkin pasta bake! Our protein-packed Ancient Harvest POW!™ Pasta is tossed with hearty kale, creamy pumpkin, and smooth ricotta then topped with mozzarella and baked to comfort-food perfection.
The combination of flavors will send your taste buds over the edge, and the fact that it’s packed with 25g of plant-based protein per serving – thanks to our POW! Pasta – will make this dish a dinnertime favorite.
Vegetarian Pumpkin & Kale Protein Pasta Bake Ingredients
- 2 boxes Ancient Harvest POW!™ Green Lentil Penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale (about 3 cups), stems removed and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 15-ounce container of part-skim ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish.
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in mushroom and kale and cook for 5-7 minutes, until kale is about halfway cooked down. Stir in herbs, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg, ricotta cheese, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, kale mixture, and pasta, stirring until well combined.
- Fill baking dish with pasta and sauce, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!