Quinoa in pancakes? Definitely!
When it comes to the time-tested breakfast favorites, there are a few foods that reign supreme and pancakes are definitely one of them. And now, thanks to our nutritious pre-rinsed Quinoa, this fluffy, fruity flapjack stack happens to be packed with gluten-free greatness.
Quinoa is an incredibly versatile grain that’s easy to incorporate into just about any recipe. It’s also considered a complete protein, meaning it contains all 9 essential amino acids which the body isn’t able to make on its own. So, if you’ve been dreaming of indulging in that perfect pancake that’s packed with protein, then these Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes are exactly what you’ve been searching for.
Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 eggs are 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal with 5 tablespoons warm water, set aside for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cooked Ancient Harvest™ Traditional Quinoa
- 1 cup blueberries
- Oil for cooking
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine flax eggs, non-dairy milk and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients, stirring until well combined. A few clumps may remain in batter.
- Fold in quinoa and blueberries.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add ½ cup of batter and allow to cook until the top begins to bubble. Flip, and finish cooking until lightly golden brown.