Cinnamon Toffee Chip Blondies
Created by Wendy at Fit-and-Frugal.com for the 2015 #QuinoaCookieSwap. For Quinoa Flakes cooking instructions and recipe ideas, visit our How To Use Quinoa Flakes page.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon butter, softened (divided)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest™ quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup Ancient Harvest™ quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- ¾ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar on medium until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, combine Stir in the quinoa flour, quinoa flakes, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gradually add to mixing bowl and beat on low to combine.
- Stir in toffee pieces and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (reserving the remaining ¼ cup for later).
- Spoon batter (will be thick) into prepared pan and spread out until smooth and even. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until edges are slightly puffed and browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a microwave or saucepan on medium low heat, melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and remaining teaspoon butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely before cutting and serving.