Grilled Polenta Kabobs
Fire up the grill for this new take on veggie kabobs. These Grilled Polenta Kabobs by @veggielexi are a cinch to make and add colorful and delicious texture to your backyard barbecue this summer thanks to Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta.
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for brushing before grilling
- 1 Package Ancient Harvest Heat-and-Eat Polenta, Traditional Italian
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1in squares
- 2 green bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1in squares
- 1 package cremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 red onion, outer layer removed and cut into 1in squares
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 wooden skewers (may cut down to 8in)
- Slice the polenta into ½” thick rounds (about 8 slices total), then cut each round into 6 pieces.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the olive oil.
- Add the polenta and saute on two sides for about 2 minutes per side. You’re looking for a light golden crisp. This helps the polenta hold its shape when you thread it on the kabob. Alternatively, you could marinate the polenta pieces in olive oil for 30 minutes, but the sauté method is more effective for helping the polenta hold its shape.
- Thread each kabob in the following order: Mushroom, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Polenta, Cherry Tomato, Mushroom, Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Polenta.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush each kabob with olive oil on both sides before grilling.
- Grill for 8 minutes, turning as needed, or until the vegetables are cooked through.